FLORENCE, S.C. — Pee Dee Commerce City is a Class-A commercial / industrial park at the forefront of the region’s economic development.
At Pee Dee Electric, we are proud that the national headquarters of Touchstone Energy has designated the Pee Dee Touchstone Energy Commerce City as the model of all Touchstone Energy industrial and commercial parks in the United States.
Commerce City comprises 705 acres located at the intersection of Interstate 95 and S.C. highway. 327. It is the midpoint between New York City and Miami and has more than a mile frontage on the East Coast’s main transportation route, with more than 50,000 daily travelers. Commerce City is a South Carolina Certified Site.
Commerce City is less than a 10-minute drive to Interstate 20, which runs west through Columbia, Atlanta, Birmingham, and Dallas. It is a two-hour drive to the ports in Charleston, S.C. and Wilmington, N.C. More than 60 percent of the U.S. population is within a day’s drive.
Pee Dee Touchstone Energy Commerce City is the home to many of Florence’s most recognizable companies:
- FedEx Ground – the delivery hub for around-the-world conveyance
- Harley Davidson – a retail store and riding academy
- Ruiz Foods – produces frozen Mexican dishes under the brand names El Monterey and Tornados.
- Niagara Bottling – family-owned manufacturer of bottled water, private label bottled water, and soft drinks
- IFH/PFG FoodService Distribution – distribution center for the largest, independently owned, broad line foodservice distributor that is home-based in the Carolinas
- Clarios – creates advanced battery technologies for virtually every type of vehicle.
- GE Healthcare – magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) components
- McLeod Occupational Health – offers a full range of services to care for work-related injuries and illnesses of the businesses and industries’ employees and families at Commerce City.
- Pepsi Cola of Florence – distribution center for the Pee Dee Region
- Pee Dee Regional Water Treatment Plant – the City of Florence’s regional treatment facility with a capacity of 53 million gallons per day
- Windy Hill Volunteer Fire Department
- LDJ Global Strategies site buildings available. 100,000 SF and 200,000 SF
Commerce City offers both industrial and commercial sites. Industrial parcels are available to suit your needs.
Environmental and Other Considerations Completed
- Phase I Environmental Audit
- Endangered Species Audit
- Soil Analysis
- Soil Survey for Construction Purposes
- Comprehensive Storm Water Discharge Plan
- Cultural Resources Survey
- Site Survey of all Parcels
- Confirmed all Property Lines
- Complete Title Search of all Properties
- Electricity provided by Pee Dee Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Natural Gas
- Potable Water
- Sewer / Wastewater Service
- Paved Roadways
- Fiber Optic Telecommunications
Pee Dee Electric Cooperative, Inc. (PDEC) is your source for relocating or expanding your business in the Pee Dee region. We can assist you with the selection, relocation, development and electricity needs of your company.
Choosing the right location is one of the most important and sometimes most difficult business leaders’ decisions. Whether you are a site selection consultant or a company that is performing its own site analysis, our team can help you with:
- Industrial building searches and screening
- Demographic and detailed community data
- Product development via our Site Certification Program
- Preparation of RFPs (Request For Proposals)
- Custom business development information and GIS maps
- Site visits accompanied by state, regional, and local representatives.
- Product development