At the Door:
- Ask for identification – All Pee Dee Electric employees and contractors carry photo identification badges, and are required to display their badge if asked. We encourage you to ask for identification.
- If you are unsure about an employee’s identification, or want to verify the nature of the work to be done at your home, call us at (866) 747-0060 or (843) 665-4070.
Do not allow people into your home who:
- Claim to offer a Pee Dee Electric refund. Our employees never deliver cash refunds or rebates to members’ homes.
- Claim to sell Pee Dee Electric products or services. Our employees do not engage in door-to-door sales.
- Do not pay for tree-trimming work by individuals claiming to be from Pee Dee Electric or contractor.
- Call the police if you believe the person at your door is a con artist posing as a utility worker.
On the Phone:
- Ask for identification – pull out your most recent Pee Dee Electric bill and ask the caller to tell you the account number and the amount due.
- If you have caller I.D., the display will indicate that the call is from Pee Dee Electric.
- If you suspect the call may be fraudulent, hang up and call us toll-free at (866) 747-0060 or (843) 665-4070. Ask to be connected to a member service representative who can confirm the status of your account and make appropriate arrangements for payment, if needed.
- If you have received a call of this nature and believe you are the victim of fraud, contact your local police immediately.