We’ll be in full blown summer shortly. Here are a few tips on how to enjoy this season and stay safe. Put safety first!
- When using electrical tools, never pull cords through wet areas: in grass or around the pool.
- Power equipment and even hand tools can cause serious injury. Limit distractions, use equipment properly, and be aware of surroundings to lower your risk of injury.
- Don’t use power equipment if children are playing nearby.
- Keep chemicals, tools, and equipment out of children’s reach.
- Wear safety goggles, sturdy shoes, and long pants when using lawn mowers and other machinery like string trimmers.
- Be aware of the heat, stay hydrated and take frequent breaks when working in the garden.
Send me a tip. If used in South Carolina Living magazine, you will win a $25 gift card. Send tips to jsingletary@PeeDeeElectric.com