Being prepared can help you and your family minimize the impact of summer storms. The best way to start is before the threat is imminent.
- Have an emergency plan and review it with your family.
Everyone needs to know the safest place in your home and how you will contact each other.
Don’t forget to have a plan for your pets.
- Make sure PDEC has your correct contact information.
You also need to keep insurance and other important documents in a safe place.
- Put together a survival kit.
Have enough supplies such as, non-perishable food, bottled water, batteries, battery operated
flashlight and radio, first-aid kit, pet food, can opener and medicines to be self-sufficient.
- Use surge protectors on appliances and electronics.
Have a system installed, like PDEC’s Meter Based Surge Guard® Protection package,
to help safeguard your home.
- Keep your landscape free of debris.
Remove threatening objects that could become projectiles. Prune your plants and trim your
trees of dead limbs.
Power out? Use your SmartHub app or call 843-665-4070 to report it.